You have to remove the normal map from the additional map slot from your texture set and create a fill layer in your layer stack. In this fill layer enable only the normal channel and load your texture here. From there you will be able to paint over your normal map and see the result in the viewport.
How do you paint normal maps with substance painters?
To paint normal map details:
- Add a normal channel in the current current Texture Set (if not already present)
- Enable the normal channel in the current painting tool.
- Load a Normal resource in the Normal slot of the Material section of the current painting tool.
How do I export a normal map from a substance painter?
To export them it is possible to either :
- Use the File > Export Textures dialog and choose the export preset “Mesh maps”
- Right-click on the a baked texture in the Shelf and choosing “Export”.
How do you make a normal map?
Create the Normal Map
- Open texture in Photoshop as you would normally any image. Make sure the image mode is set to RGB. …
- Choose Filter → 3D → Generate Normal Map…
- Adjust your map as necessary (I left my to default). Click OK.
- Save your file as PNG (not sure if it really matters). You’re done!
How do you use the mask in substance designer?
Quick masking allows you to mask parts of your mesh you don’t want to paint on. Hit Y to switch to quick mask edit mode, this will allow you to paint a temporary mask. Hit U again to switch back to your previous tool and paint across that mask.
How do you bake in a substance painter?
How to bake Mesh maps
- Open the Texture Set Settings window: …
- Inside the Texture Set Settings window, click the Bake Mesh Maps button to open the Baker Settings window:
- Click the Bake selected textures or Bake “Your Material Name” button at the bottom of the Baker Settings window to start the process: