How do you make a GIF file size smaller?
One way to make a GIF smaller is to reduce its color count. You can also decrease a GIF’s file size by reducing the image dimensions. Before uploading a large GIF to your business website or blog, make it as small as possible using a free GIF-shrinking service.
How do I make a GIF smaller without losing quality?
How can I compress GIFs without losing quality?
- Use Winzip. If you are looking for a way to compress your GIFs without losing quality, then we recommend using dedicated software, such as WinZip. …
- Use the built-in compression feature. …
- Reduce the number of colors. …
- Use simple shapes. …
- Use an online GIF compressor.
How do I resize a large GIF?
How to resize GIFs online
- Upload your GIF. Upload a GIF that you want to resize from your iPhone, Android, PC, or tablet. …
- Select a new size. …
- When you’re happy with results, click Export GIF and Kapwing will process your resized GIF.
How is a GIF compressed?
GIF images are compressed using the Lempel–Ziv–Welch (LZW) lossless data compression technique to reduce the file size without degrading the visual quality. This compression technique was patented in 1985.
Why is my GIF size so large?
GIFs use a lossless compression algorithm, so no information is lost by compressing the pixel data. … That’s why some of your animated GIFs may use more space than you expected, since combining a limited number of colors to get a certain realistic shade might mean using up more information.
Can you compress GIFs?
How much Gifsicle can compress your GIF depends on how well you optimise it beforehand. If you create a well designed GIF in Photoshop, Gifsicle can compress it a further two to five percent. If you start with a poorly optimised GIF, however, it can compress it a lot more.
How do I resize a GIF in Windows?
To crop or resize animated GIF, using EZGIF.COM, all you have to do is:
- Upload the moving clip from your PC or Mobile (you can also paste the URL of the image type).
- Choose the Crop tool or Resize tool, located at the top panel.
- Set the width, height & adjust the aspect ratio, as required.
How do I resize an image?
How to Resize an Image on a Windows PC
- Open the image by either right-clicking on it and selecting Open With, or clicking File, then Open on the Paint top menu.
- On the Home tab, under Image, click on Resize.
- Adjust the image size either by percentage or pixels as you see fit. …
- Click on OK.
What is a typical file size for a GIF?
Average image size per format: JPG: 11.8 KB, PNG: 4.4 KB, GIF: 2.4 KB.
What is GIF file size?
With animated GIFs, file size really is
How do I reduce the size of a GIF in after effects?
Just click ‘Reduce the file size of this GIF,’ give it a setting (I reduced mine to 32 colors), and click ‘Optimize Now. ‘ It tells you how much it reduced the file size by (down to 780 KB in my case), and lets you download the new GIF.