How do I reduce file size of a GIF?
To make your GIF as efficient as possible:
- Crop any extra space around the image. …
- When you prepare a GIF image, reduce the output dimensions. …
- Reduce the number of colors in the image. …
- Reduce the number of frames in the image for animated GIFs. …
- If you use Photoshop, create a GIF file by using the Export As menu item.
Can you resize a GIF?
Ezgif’s online image resizer will resize, crop, or flip animated gifs and other images, with the same quality and speed as professional software, without the need to buy and install anything. Useful when you need to reduce GIF size or fit the image in specific dimensions.
Why is my GIF so large?
GIFs use a lossless compression algorithm, so no information is lost by compressing the pixel data. … That’s why some of your animated GIFs may use more space than you expected, since combining a limited number of colors to get a certain realistic shade might mean using up more information.
How do I reduce the file size of one MB of a GIF?
How To Compress a GIF?
- Click the “Choose GIF Files” button to select your GIF files.
- Keep default options (they do a great job!) or specify advanced options.
- Click on the “Compress GIF” button to start compression.
How do I make a GIF smaller without losing quality?
How can I compress GIFs without losing quality?
- Use Winzip. If you are looking for a way to compress your GIFs without losing quality, then we recommend using dedicated software, such as WinZip. …
- Use the built-in compression feature. …
- Reduce the number of colors. …
- Use simple shapes. …
- Use an online GIF compressor.
How do I resize a GIF without losing quality?
ResizeImage.net. ResizeImage.net is a no-nonsense online tool that helps you resize all types of images. The tool will accept GIF files of up to 30MB in size and 10MP in resolution. The tool lets you crop images, rotate images and also resize the image by specifying quality and aspect ratio.
How do you edit GIFs?
You can use an online GIF editor like GIPHY, EZGIF, and mobile apps like GIF Maker for iPhone and GIF Maker-Editor for Android to add text to GIF or add captions. Simply upload a GIF or create your own on the app, and then start editing! This is an easy way to make animated memes or caption GIFs.
How do I resize a GIF in Windows 10?
Click the “Resize” button on the ribbon. When the “Resize and Skew” window opens, make sure the “Maintain aspect ratio” box is checked.
How do I resize a GIF in Windows?
To crop or resize animated GIF, using EZGIF.COM, all you have to do is:
- Upload the moving clip from your PC or Mobile (you can also paste the URL of the image type).
- Choose the Crop tool or Resize tool, located at the top panel.
- Set the width, height & adjust the aspect ratio, as required.
How do reduce file size?
Remove unnecessary images, formatting and macros. Save the file as a recent Word version. Reduce the file size of the images before they are added to the document. If it is still too large, save the file as a PDF.
Are GIFs smaller?
GIF files tend to be quite small ~20Kb. GIF compression is inferior to JPEG compression but has the advantage of being animated and transparent. GIF files are an image format where a pallet of 256 colors (red/green/blue) is encoded as a byte stream (256 values).
Why are GIFs so much bigger than MP4?
This MP4 file is only 149 KB!
Our research has found that animated GIFs are usually 5 to 10 times larger than a properly encoded MP4 video. This difference means that GIFs are not only wasting significant amounts of bandwidth, they are loading more slowly and creating a bad user experience.