Instead, make sure you export your PNG through the “Export as” option instead and then select a transparent background. That should do it! Indesign only supports transparent PNG files saved in PNG24 format. The PNG8 format with transparency doesn’t work – please resave the files as PNG24 and it will be sorted.
How do I make an image transparent in InDesign?
The best way is to use PSD, TIFF or PNG formats (to preserve transparency) from PS and import (Ctrl/Cmd + D) in InDesign.
- Choose File > Place.
- Drag from Bridge.
- Drag from Mac Finder / Windows File Explorer.
- Drag or Option (Alt) drag from a Creative Cloud library.
- Drag from an InDesign library.
How do I make my PNG transparent?
You can create a transparent area in most pictures.
- Select the picture that you want to create transparent areas in.
- Click Picture Tools > Recolor > Set Transparent Color.
- In the picture, click the color you want to make transparent. Notes: …
- Select the picture.
- Press CTRL+T.
Can you place a PNG file in InDesign?
However, it is possible to bring a PNG file into the InDesign system. In order to move a PNG to the InDesign system, you’re going to need to use the ‘place’ feature. … Select ‘file’ then ‘place’ and choose the PNG graphic you want to use. You’ll now have a workable, editable version of the PNG inside an INDD.
Why is my background not transparent in InDesign?
1 Correct answer. It seems that InDesign only supports transparency with PNG-24 files, and not with PNG-8 files—even if the 8-bit files have been saved with the transparency option. … If it’s just one file – then export that file to IDML and open the IDML in InDesign and save it as an indesign file.
Why are my PNG files not transparent?
With the most recent versions of iOS, when you import photos using iTunes import/sync or iCloud sync it will convert your transparent PNG file to a non-transparent JPG file. If it stays white then the image has been converted to a JPG file. …
How can I make an image transparent?
Make part of a picture transparent
Click the picture that you want to create transparent areas in. Under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, click Recolor. Click Set Transparent Color, and then click the color in the picture or image that you want to make transparent.
How do I make an image have a transparent background?
Transparent Background Tool
- Use Lunapic to make your image Transparent, or to remove background.
- Use form above to pick an image file or URL.
- Then, just click the color/background your want to remove.
- Watch our Video Tutorial on Transparent Backgrounds.