The good news is that most email clients – like Gmail – support GIF files. Animated GIFs work in all webmail clients and most desktop and mobile clients. The only email client that can be stingy about sending GIFs in emails is Microsoft Outlook.
How do you put a GIF in an email?
How to insert an animated GIF in an email
- Copy the GIF’s link. Once you have found the GIF you’re looking for, your first impulse may be to right click and save to your computer. …
- Open your email account. …
- Maneuver to the “Insert Photo” section. …
- Paste the image address. …
- Click “Insert” …
- Play with your GIF.
Do GIFs play in email?
Wait – Do GIFs Work in Email? The answer is: yes…and no. GIF support has expanded across email clients in the last few years. In fact, even some versions of Outlook now support animated GIFs in email.
How do I put a GIF in an Outlook email?
To add a GIF in Outlook:
Click the “Insert” tab, and click “Pictures” on the ribbon. If the animated GIF is online, then click on “Online Pictures. Select the file, and then click “Insert.”· It would insert the file into your email message.
Can you copy and paste a GIF into an email?
To do this, right-click on the GIF and select “Save.” Then, navigate to the email and right-click where you want the GIF to display and click “Paste.” You can also click on a specific GIF on the Giphy website to visit the GIF’s specific page. … Copy and paste either where you want the GIF to appear.
Does Outlook play GIFs?
As said, playing and inserting animated GIFs in emails is fully supported when you use Outlook as part of a Microsoft 365 subscription. The GIF-animation will not loop indefinitely but will only loop 3 times. After 3 animation loops, the animation will stop and a Play button will show on the image.
Why do GIFs not work in Outlook?
If GIFs aren’t working in your Outlook, you may need to enable certain settings in Outlook. In Outlook for Office 365 before version 2008, select File > Options > Advanced. In the Display section, check the box to Play animated GIFs.
Can you animate an email?
Adding animation to the body of your email is easy. First, you will need a short animated video. You can use Giphy or any other royalty-free animation sites to generate your personalized GIF. … If you are using GIF, make sure that the file is under 2.5 MB to load quickly and animate seamlessly.
How do you send a GIF in Gmail?
How to Add a GIF in Gmail
- Open your Gmail and compose a new email.
- When you are at the point in your email where you would like to insert a GIF, click on the “insert photo” icon on the bottom of the email to the right of the “send” and “attach file” buttons.
How do I add special effects in Outlook?
On the Options tab of the message composition window, in the Themes group, click the Effects button (the ScreenTip says Theme Effects), and then click the effect you want to apply.
How do I import a GIF into slack?
Send GIFs in Slack
- From a conversation, click the lightning bolt icon to open the shortcuts menu.
- Search for Giphy.
- Click Find and share a GIF.
- Type a word or phrase in the text field, then click Search.
- Click Shuffle to view more options, then select Share to post your GIF.
How do I paste a GIF?
Method 2: Save full HTML page and embed
- Go to the website with the GIF you’d like to copy.
- Right click on the GIF and click Copy.
- Open File Explorer to locate the folder where you want to save the GIF.
- Right click in the folder and click Paste.