In the Layers panel, select one or more layers that contain images or objects you want to resize. Choose Edit > Free Transform. A transform border appears around all the content on the selected layers. Hold the Shift key to avoid distorting the content, and drag the corners or edges until it is the desired size.
How do I resize a layer in Photoshop without losing the ratio?
To resize a layer proportionally during transform, do the following:
- Select the layer(s) you want to resize in the Layers panel.
- Press Command + T (Mac) / Control + T (Win). Alternatively, choose Edit > Free Transform.
- Drag a corner handle on the bounding box to resize the layer.
- Commit the changes.
How do you free transform a layer in Photoshop?
To activate free transform, select the layer from the layer panel and press ctrl+t on the keyboard. You will see that a border has appeared on your layer.
How do I change the resolution of a layer in Photoshop?
Changing image resolution in Photoshop Elements
- Select the command Image – Resize – Image Size from the Adobe Photoshop Elements menu.
- Activate the check-box Resample Image, if you want to keep the image dimensions (Document Size). …
- Enter a new value into the field Resolution.
- Press the button OK.
What is Ctrl y in Photoshop?
The keyboard shortcut that is the opposite of Ctrl + Z is Ctrl + Y (redo). On Apple computers, the shortcut to undo is Command + Z .
What is Ctrl D in Photoshop?
Ctrl + D (Deselect) — After working with your selection, use this combo to discard it.
What is Ctrl +J in Photoshop?
Ctrl + J for PC (or Command + J for MAC)
This is a Photoshop shortcut will DUPLICATE a selected layer. By hitting Ctrl + J on your keyboard, you will be duplicating whatever it is you have selected.
How do you resize an object in Photoshop?
To resize a layer or a selected object within a layer, select “Transform” from the Edit menu and click “Scale.” Eight square anchor points appear around the object. Drag any of these anchor points to resize the object. If you want to constrain the proportions, hold down the “Shift” key while dragging.
How do you reshape something in Photoshop?
How to Reshape with Liquify in Photoshop
- Open an image in Photoshop (File > Open).
- In the Layers panel, select the Background layer and choose Cmd/j (PC – Ctrl/j) to duplicate the layer. …
- With the top layer selected in the Layers panel, choose Filter > Liquify (Cmd/Shift/x (PC – Ctrl/Shift/x).
How do I scale in Photoshop CC without distortion?
Select the “Constrain Proportions” option to scale the image without distorting it and change the value in the “Height” or “Width” box. The second value changes automatically to prevent the image from distorting. Press-and-hold the Shift key, grab a corner point, and drag inward to resize the selection area.
Can you change the resolution in Photoshop?
You can change the resolution of an image in Photoshop by clicking the Image menu → clicking Image Size → making adjustments to the height or width to the “Pixel Dimensions” fields. Use the resample settings to adjust for changes to the image size or for printing.
What is the best resolution setting in Photoshop?
The generally accepted value is 300 pixels/inch. Printing an image at a resolution of 300 pixels/inch squeezes the pixels in close enough together to keep everything looking sharp. In fact, 300 is usually a bit more than you need.