Select the area you want to fill. To fill an entire layer, select the layer in the Layers panel. Choose Edit > Fill to fill the selection or layer.
How do I fill a rectangle with a pattern in Photoshop?
What To Know
- Open the image. Go to Edit > Select All to get everything, or use the Rectangle Marquee. Go to Edit > Define Pattern > name it > Ok.
- Open another image. Pick a layer or area to fill, and go to Edit > Fill > Custom Pattern. Pick a pattern and blending mode, and press Ok.
How do I fill a shape with color in Photoshop?
To change the color of a shape in Photoshop, select your shape layer in the Layer Panel, then press U to activate the shape tool. In the upper settings bar, a “Fill” option will appear. Clicking on the Fill setting, pick a new color from the provided color swatches to apply to your shape.
How do you auto fill an area in Photoshop?
Choose Edit > Fill and in the resulting dialog box, choose Content Aware from the Contents menu. When you click OK, Photoshop fills the selection with surrounding pixels and blends them together. The voodoo used to fill your selection is random and changes each time you use the command.
How do I fill a custom shape in Photoshop?
Fill and stroke shapes
- Select a shape tool (press U) from the toolbar. In the tool options bar, select Fill or Stroke.
- In the Properties panel, click the fill or stroke type option.
What is the shortcut to fill in Photoshop?
The Fill Command in Photoshop
- Option + Delete (Mac) | Alt + Backspace (Win) fills with the foreground color.
- Command + Delete (Mac) | Control + Backspace (Win) fills with the background color.
- Note: these shortcuts work with several types of layers including Type and Shape layers.
How do I draw a rectangle in Photoshop?
Draw a rectangle
- Select the Rectangle tool. From the toolbar, click and hold the Shape tool ( ) group icon to bring up the various shape tool choices. …
- Adjust the shape properties of the Rectangle tool. Set the Rectangle properties. …
- Draw a rectangle. …
- Edit rectangle shape properties.
Where is the fill tool in Photoshop 2020?
The fill tool is located in your Photoshop toolbar on the side of your screen. At first glance, it looks like an image of a bucket of paint. You’ll need to click on the paint bucket icon to activate the fill tool. Once you click on it, a tiny menu bar with two options pops up.
How do you do smart fill in Photoshop?
Quickly remove objects with Content-Aware Fill
- Select the object. Make a quick selection of an object you want to remove using Select Subject, the Object Selection Tool, the Quick Selection Tool, or the Magic Wand Tool. …
- Open Content-Aware Fill. …
- Refine the selection. …
- Click OK when you’re happy with the fill results.
How do you fill gaps in Photoshop?
Start by making a selection of the area you need to fill in (like the gaps that appeared when I created this pano. I just clicked in them with the Quick Selection tool [W] to easily select them), then go under the Edit menu and choose Fill.
Why does Photoshop not have content aware fill?
If you don’t have the option to use content aware fill, check the layer you’re working on. Make sure the layer is not locked, and is not an adjustment layer or a smart object. Also check that you have a selection active on which to apply the content aware fill.
How do you fill a shape with a picture?
Crop to fit or fill a shape
You can have a picture as the fill for a shape. Just click the shape to which you want to add a picture, then under DRAWING TOOLS, on the FORMAT tab, click Shape Styles > Shape Fill > Picture, and select the picture that you want.
How do I turn a layer into a shape in Photoshop?
Done. If you created a path and want to turn it into a shape, make sure the path is selected, then go to LAYER > NEW FILL LAYER > SOLID COLOR > Name the layer and hit OK. You will now have a shape layer as desired.