Illustrator gives you no option on font type, unless a file is open. Then, if you change the font and close the file, next time you start a file, it will go back to what is was to begin with.
How do I reset my text settings in Illustrator?
1 Correct answer. With CC 2019 Illustrator you can (sometimes accidentally) edit the tool bar. To reset your tools to default with the standard type tool first on the type tool list click on the three dots at the bottom of the tool bar and then choose reset from the pull-down menu as shown below.
How do I fix my font in Illustrator?
Go to the Type menu, then Find Font… Change “Replace with font from” to System if you don’t see the font you want in the bottom section. Select the replacement font in the bottom section. Click Change all and your fonts will be replaced.
How do I reset my text font?
To do it:
- Go to the Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Fonts. This Control Panel item can be opened by running the command: control fonts.
- Select Font settings in the left pane;
- In the next window click the Restore default font settings button.
What is the default font in Illustrator?
You can also change the default font (Myriad Pro) in Illustrator.
How do I reset keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator?
Clear shortcuts from a command or tool
- Choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.
- In the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box, select the command or tool name whose shortcut you want to delete.
- Click Clear.
- Click OK to exit the dialog box.
How do you reset Illustrator Preferences on a Mac?
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut
Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.