Have the object selected and then choose Window→Transform to open the Transform panel. Note that on this panel you can enter values to place an object in the X and Y fields as well as enter values in the width (W) and height (H) text fields to determine the exact size of an object.
How do you change the size of a box in Illustrator?
- Click the “Selection” tool, or arrow, from the Tools panel and click to select the object you want to resize.
- Choose the “Scale” tool from Tools panel.
- Click anywhere on the stage and drag up to increase the height; drag across to increase the width.
How do you change the size of an object in Illustrator?
Do one of the following:
- To scale from the center, choose Object > Transform > Scale or double-click the Scale tool .
- To scale relative to a different reference point, select the Scale tool and Alt‑click (Windows) or Option‑click (Mac OS) where you want the reference point to be in the document window.
How do you manipulate a rectangle in Illustrator?
To modify a single radius, use the Direct Selection tool to click an anchor point, and then click the corner widget and drag to edit. Scale a rectangle by dragging any of the eight bounding box handles. To rotate, move the pointer away from a corner until you see the Rotate icon, and then drag.
How do I resize in Illustrator without changing stroke?
To keep stroke width constant, or change (along with other properties) in proportion to objects and text when resizing, go to Edit>Preferences>General – then check or uncheck “Scale Strokes and Effects”.
How do you make a scale bar in Illustrator?
Scale bars can also be resized using the Adobe Illustrator menu Object > Transform > Transform Each, by changing the horizontal or vertical scales. To change the style of the scale bar or to modify any parameter without generating a new one, select the scale bar and click Scale Bar button on the MAP Toolbar.
Why can’t I change the size of an image in Illustrator?
You need to do View > Show bounding box. If you can’t get it to work, you can take the free transform tool. The icon you’re seeing is that of the Free Transform Tool and the anchor points appear as if the Bounding Box is not activated.
How do I change a rectangle to a circle in Illustrator?
Round the corners of objects
- In the Layers panel, target the items you want to round. …
- Choose Effect > Stylize > Round Corners. …
- To define the curvature of the rounded curve, enter a value in the Radius text box, and click OK.