Choose File > Save As or File > Save A Copy. Type a filename, and choose a location for the file. Choose Illustrator (*. AI) as the file format, and click Save.
Where are Illustrator projects saved?
All the documents that you create and edit using Illustrator on the iPad are automatically saved as cloud documents. Use the Create new option in the app home screen to create a cloud document. To save a new or existing document as a cloud document using Illustrator on the desktop, Choose File > Save or File > Save As.
Why is my Illustrator file not saving?
Solution: Close Illustrator and reopen it without opening an old file. Then create a new blank file, that’s it. Now you should be able to Save As… with any file you open. The didn’t work all the time for me.
How do I save an image in Illustrator?
- Choose File > Export.
- Select a location for the file, and enter a filename.
- Select a format from the Save As Type (Windows) or Format (Mac OS) pop‑up menu.
- Click Save (Windows) or Export (Mac OS).
Choose File > Package to copy the Illustrator (AI) document, fonts used, and any linked graphics. In the Package dialog box, choose a location for the folder Illustrator creates, to copy the packaged content into. Change the name of the folder if needed. Click Package and then click OK.
How do I autosave in Illustrator?
Steps to enable Illustrator Autosave:
- Step 1: Go to “Preferences” > “File Handling & Clipboard” > “Data Recovery”.
- Step 2: Select the checkbox “Automatically Save Recovery Data Every” to turn on data recovery.
- Step 3: Set time interval “xx minutes” to automatically save a file.
How do I save an Illustrator file as a vector?
- Step 1: Go to File > Export.
- Step 2: Name your new file and choose the folder/location you want to save to.
- Step 3: Open the dropdown called Save As Type/Format (Windows/Mac) and select a vector file format, such as EPS, SVG, AI or another option.
- Step 4: Click on the Save/Export button (Windows/Mac).
How do you save an Illustrator file as a PDF?
Choose File > Save As or File > Save A Copy. Type a filename, and choose a location for the file. Choose Adobe PDF (*. PDF) as the file format, and click Save.
How do I save in Illustrator 2021?
Saving an Older Version.
- Open the document you would like to save as an older version.
- Select “File” > “Save As Copy..”
- Select the file format you would like to save to.
- Enter a new name for the file.
- Click “Save”.
- You will be presented with a document version window.
- Select the desired version.
How do I save an Illustrator file that is not responding?
Illustrator Not Responding: Do This To Save Your Work!
- Force quit the program through task manager. …
- Relaunch/open Illustrator.
- After launch, Illustrator will bring up the Auto-recovery dialog box. …
- Save the recovered files immediately to your preferred destination so you don’t lose them.
Why does Illustrator crash when I save?
Problems with Illustrator freezing are related to the Windows print spooler service. … Illustrator uses the Windows print spooler service to save files to your local hard drive, and by setting the service to start up automatically, you can resolve these freezing issues.
How do I save an Illustrator file as a vector PDF?
If you’re using Illustrator and you want to save the file in vector format, go to File > Save As or File > Save a Copy. Then select either AI, EPS, PDF, or SVG format. Take note of the export controls, including the ability to embed font files when exporting to some vector formats.
How do I save an Illustrator file as a PNG?
To make this conversion, first open the AI file you wish to change in Illustrator. Select the part of the image you want to convert, then select ‘File’ and ‘Export’. In the dropdown bar, select ‘PNG’ and click ‘Export’. You’ll now have a PNG file wherever you saved it to on your computer.