It will be highlighted by a square. Double click the fill color in the Tool Panel on the left. Choose your desired color from the pop-up color picker and click OK. Click Done in the Pattern Editing Mode bar at the top of your Illustrator window.
How do I edit a fill pattern in Illustrator?
To edit an existing pattern, double-click the pattern in the pattern swatch, or select an object containing the pattern and choose Object > Pattern > Edit Pattern.
How do I edit a fill in pattern?
Edit a Fill Pattern
- Click Manage tab Settings Panel Additional Settings drop-down Fill Patterns.
- In the Fill Patterns dialog, for Pattern Type, select Drafting or Model, and then select the fill pattern to edit. …
- Click (Edit fill pattern). …
- To edit the pattern, follow the instructions in Create a Simple Fill Pattern.
How do I scale a fill pattern in Illustrator?
If you want to scale patterns in Illustrator you can use the Scale Tool (S). You can double-click on the Scale Tool in your toolbar or you can go to Object > Transform > Scale to open it. Another way to access the Scale Tool is by right-clicking on your object and selecting Transform > Scale from the menu.
How do I change colors in Illustrator?
Adjust color balance of one or more colors
- Select the objects whose colors you want to adjust.
- Choose Edit > Edit Colors > Adjust Color Balance.
- Set the Fill and Stroke options.
- Adjust the color values, and then click OK:
How do you recolor artwork in Illustrator?
Recolor artwork using the Recolor Artwork dialog box.
- Select artwork to recolor.
- Click the Recolor button in the Properties panel to the right, to open the Recolor Artwork dialog box. …
- Drag one color handle in the color wheel to edit them all.
How do I change the color of a graphic texture in Illustrator?
Fill an object with a texture pattern. Choose Edit > Edit Colors > recolor ArtworkMake sure that the Black can be changed (click the line next to the black swatch to make it into an arrow)Change the black into another color and click OKYou will see a new Pattern Swatch.
How do I create a fill in Illustrator?
Select the object using the Selection tool ( ) or the Direct Selection tool ( ). Click the Fill box in the Tools panel, the Properties panel, or the Color panel to indicate that you want to apply a fill rather than a stroke. Apply a fill color using the Tools panel or the Properties panel.
How do you scale a sewing pattern?
The slash and spread method is the easiest method for resizing a pattern, and will be your go-to in this situation. Make horizontal and vertical lines on your pattern piece, placed where you want the pattern to increase or decrease. Cut along those lines and spread to create the new pattern piece.