How do you fill a layer with black?
Select the mask layer, and then press Alt key + Backspace key (windows) or Option key + Backspace key (mac). That will change your white mask layer in to black by filling whole layer with black color. Select the mask layer, and then press Alt key + Backspace key (windows) or Option key + Backspace key (mac).
How do I fill a masked area in Photoshop?
Image-fills and foreground masks with Content-Aware Fill
- Open up your image in Photoshop and use the Lasso tool to outline the elements you want to remove, leaving room for nearby color and texture to be referenced for blending the fill.
- Under Edit, select Content-Aware Fill. …
- Click OK.
How do I fill a shape with color in Photoshop?
To change the color of a shape in Photoshop, select your shape layer in the Layer Panel, then press U to activate the shape tool. In the upper settings bar, a “Fill” option will appear. Clicking on the Fill setting, pick a new color from the provided color swatches to apply to your shape.
How do I change the color of a fill layer in Photoshop?
Click the Fill/Adjustment layer icon at the bottom of the Layers panel and select Solid Color. Pick a color from the Color Picker that appears. You can move the round selector to adjust the color, and then click OK.
How do I fill a layer mask with black in Photoshop?
Adding black to a layer mask hides the layer that contains the mask.
- In the Layers panel, make sure there is a white border around the layer mask thumbnail. …
- Select the Brush tool in the Toolbar. …
- Press D to set the default colors of white and black in the Toolbar. …
- Paint over the image, which adds black to the layer mask.
Why isn’t my layer mask black?
Solution #1: Set the Brush Mode to Normal
If the mode has been changed to anything else other than Normal, then make sure to change it back. Just in case, it’s also a good idea to make sure you’re using a standard round brush, set to the color black or white, when working with layer masks.
What is the shortcut to fill in Photoshop?
The Fill Command in Photoshop
- Option + Delete (Mac) | Alt + Backspace (Win) fills with the foreground color.
- Command + Delete (Mac) | Control + Backspace (Win) fills with the background color.
- Note: these shortcuts work with several types of layers including Type and Shape layers.
How do you paste into a layer mask?
To paste content from the clipboard into a layer mask, Option -click (Mac) | Alt -click (Win) the Layer mask icon on the Layers panel to make it visible. Then, select Edit > Paste.
How do you autofill in Photoshop?
Choose Edit > Fill and in the resulting dialog box, choose Content Aware from the Contents menu. When you click OK, Photoshop fills the selection with surrounding pixels and blends them together. The voodoo used to fill your selection is random and changes each time you use the command.