In Illustrator, go to file, place and locate the psd file to add it into illustrator. It may help initially to select in Photoshop new page window for transparent background as opposed to the default white, so your initial file has transparency included. Open the png file in Photoshop. Go image -> mode.
How do I get rid of the white background on a traced image in Illustrator?
To do this you need to do the following.
- Menu > Object > Expand – Click ok.
- Ctl+Shift+G (ungroup) You may need to hit it a few times.
- You may need to right click on the object and select release clipping mask.
- Click the white area and delete.
- Regroup object by selected the whole thing and pressing Ctl+G (Group)
How do I drag an image from Photoshop to Illustrator?
Move part of an image from Photoshop to Illustrator
- Copy the selection in Photoshop and paste it in Illustrator. If a layer mask is active when you choose the Copy command, Photoshop copies the mask rather than the main layer.
- Select the Move tool in Photoshop, and drag the selection to Illustrator.
How do I import an image into Illustrator?
Place (import) artwork files
- Open the Illustrator document into which you want to place the artwork.
- Choose File > Place, and select the text file you want to place.
- Select Link to create a link to the file, or deselect Link to embed the artwork in the Illustrator document.
- Click Place.
How do I take the background out of a picture in Photoshop?
Hold down the ‘Alt’ or ‘Option’ key to toggle the subtraction mode for the tool, and then click and drag your mouse around the background area you wish to remove. Release the ‘Alt’ or ‘Option’ key when you’re ready to add to your selection again.
How do I change the color of my image trace in Illustrator?
The main key is to choose “Expand” and then selecting the image by using the Direct Selection Tool (A). You’re image may also be in greyscale so change the Color options (the down arrow with the menu bars) choose CMYK or RGB.
How do I make my background transparent in Illustrator?
Transparent Background in Adobe Illustrator
- Go to the Document Setup under the “File” menu. …
- Make sure that “Transparency” is selected as the background and not “Artboard.” Artboard will give you a white background.
- Select the transparency preferences you prefer. …
- Choose Export under the “File” menu.
How do I save a Photoshop file as a vector?
Export pictures from Photoshop and save individual PSD vector layers as SVG images.
- Make sure the shape layer you’re exporting as SVG has been created in Photoshop. …
- Select the shape layer in the Layer panel.
- Right-click on the selection and select Export as (or go to File > Export > Export As.)
- Choose SVG format.
How do I convert PNG to Illustrator in Photoshop?
How to convert PNG to AI
- Using Illustrator, open the PNG file you wish to convert.
- Select ‘Object’ then ‘Image Trace’ then ‘Make’
- Your PNG will now be editable within Illustrator and can be saved as AI.
What is Magic Wand tool Photoshop?
What is the Magic Wand Tool? Photoshop’s Magic Wand tool was created to help users easily select areas of an image with just one click. You simply find the Magic Wand on the tool bar, choose which part of the image needs to be selected, and presto! Your work is done.
How do I remove the white background from an image?
Remove the background of a picture
- Select the picture that you want to remove the background from.
- Select Picture Format > Remove Background, or Format > Remove Background. …
- The default background area will be colored magenta to mark it for removal, while the foreground will retain its natural coloring.