You use the Pathfinder panel (Window > Pathfinder) to combine objects into new shapes. Use the top row of buttons in the panel to make paths or compound paths. To make compound shapes, use the buttons in those rows while pressing the Alt or Option key.
How do you intersect an object?
Hold down Shift, and click each target object. Click Object Shaping Intersect. You can also intersect objects by marquee-selecting the source and target objects and clicking the Intersect button on the property bar.
How do you unite shapes in Illustrator?
Combining the shapes
1 Using the Selection tool ( ), click on the triangle shape if it is not selected, then Shift+click on the ellipse. 2 Select the Shape Builder tool ( ) in the Tools panel. Click and drag from one shape to another. The triangle and ellipse are combined into one shape.
How do you cut an intersection in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Eraser ( ) tool to see and choose the Scissors ( ) tool.
- Click the path where you want to split it. When you split the path, two endpoints are created. …
- Select the anchor point or the path cut in the previous step using the Direct Selection ( ) tool to modify the object.
How do I intersect two circles in Illustrator?
Draw a circle using ellipse tool and makes copies of it and resize. Next, divide the shapes using the pathfinder tool and then delete the center portion. Hold the ALT key and drag the object and create duplicate object. Finally intersect two circle shapes using the pathfinder intersect illustrator tool.
How do you combine images in Illustrator?
Click the “Blend” icon, and then click on the images that you want to blend. Click the “Blend” icon again when you have selected all of the required images. The blended object will be created automatically.
How do you intersect an object in SketchUp?
Quick-Tip: Intersect Faces in SketchUp
- Just select one of the objects, move it by pressing the quick-key “m” and place it on the other as you require.
- Select both objects, right click and select the “Intersect Faces” tab. Here you have two options. …
- And there you have it. We have successfully mated a sphere with a cube.
How do you intersect a group in SketchUp?
Right-click and choose Intersect Faces. Choose Edit→Intersect Faces.
How do you group things together in Illustrator?
Groups appear as
How do you combine shapes?
- Select the shapes you want to merge: press and hold the Shift key while you select each shape in turn. …
- On the Drawing Tools Format tab, in the Insert Shapes group, select Merge Shapes, and then pick the option you want.