Select the Pen tool using the shortcut P. To make a selection, click two points to create a line between them, and drag a point to create a curved line. Use Alt/opt-drag your lines to change them.
How do I turn a path into a selection in Photoshop?
Convert a path to a selection border and specify settings
- Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the Load Path As A Selection button at the bottom of the Paths panel.
- Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) the path to the Load Path As A Selection button.
- Choose Make Selection from the Paths panel menu.
How do you invert the selection of a pen tool?
To invert a Vector mask, select the path (using the Path Selection tool) and choose “Subtract Front Shape” from the Path Operations in the Options bar.
How do I make multiple selections with pen tool?
Selecting Multiple Paths — Shift click (or click -drag) with the Path Selection tool to select multiple paths. Shift -click on a selected path to remove it from the selection.
How do you stroke a pen tool in Photoshop?
To stroke the path, do one of the following:
- Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the Stroke Path button at the bottom of the Paths panel.
- Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) the path to the Stroke Path button.
- Choose Stroke Path from the Paths panel menu.
When I make a selection with the pen tool it automatically comes up inverted?
You have the option for “Subtract from Path Area” selected for your pen tool. Change it to “Add to Path Area” and it will work as expected.
How do I move a Pen point in Photoshop?
Adjust the length or angle of straight segments
- With the Direct Selection tool select an anchor point on the segment you want to adjust.
- Drag the anchor point to the desired position. Shift-drag to constrain the adjustment to multiples of 45°.
How do I make multiple selections in Photoshop?
To make multiple selections on Photoshop, regardless of the tool you are working with (magic wand, lasso polygonal, marquee, etc), simply press the SHIFT key and select other items of your choice.
How do I make a selection from multiple paths in Photoshop?
Select multiple paths by pressing Shift while clicking to select different layers, shapes, and paths. You can select the “All Layers” option in the Selection drop-down menu to select paths in this way.