How do you change an object into a shape?
An easy way to remedy that is to apply an effect. With a shape selected, choose Effect > Convert To Shape > choose a shape. You can always choose the type of shape in the Shape Options dialog box that appears.
How do I turn a pen tool into a shape in Photoshop?
Select the Pen tool using the shortcut P. To make a selection, click two points to create a line between them, and drag a point to create a curved line. Use Alt/opt-drag your lines to change them. Ctrl/right-click your path in the Paths tab on the right, and then choose Fill Path to create a shape from it.
How do you turn a path into a shape?
If you created a path and want to turn it into a shape, make sure the path is selected, then go to LAYER > NEW FILL LAYER > SOLID COLOR > Name the layer and hit OK. You will now have a shape layer as desired.
How do I create a path shape in Photoshop?
Create a new work path
- Select a shape tool or a pen tool, and click the Paths button in the options bar.
- Set tool-specific options, and draw the path. For more information, see Shape tool options and About the Pen tools.
- Draw additional path components if desired.
How do I turn a path into a shape layer in Photoshop?
Convert a Path to a Shape Layer in Photoshop
- Drawing the Path. First create a new document and just draw any path on the canvas. …
- Shape Time! With the working path selected move up to the menu bar and click Layer -> New Fill Layer. …
- Adding Effects. Once you have the shape layer it’s easy to manipulate.
How do you change a shape layer in Photoshop?
Select the Shape Selection tool , and then select the Show Bounding Box option. Do one of the following: Click the shape you want to transform, and then drag an anchor to transform the shape. Select the shape you want to transform, choose Image > Transform Shape, and then choose a transformation command.