Select both image and clipping mask and select Object > Clipping Mask > Make. The visual image will be ‘cropped’ to within the clipping mask. If the clipping mask is released the whole image will again become visible.
How do I crop an image with a mask?
What you learned: How to crop content by applying a mask
- Ensure that the vector shape to be the mask is in front of the content to be masked.
- Select the vector shape and the content to be masked.
- Choose Object > Clipping Mask > Make. The selected content becomes a clip group.
How do I use clipping path in Photoshop?
Click on the triangle-shaped icon located at the top right corner of the panel, and then choose “Save Path”. Next, select “Clipping Path” from the same drop-down menu. A new dialog box will appear with a variety of clipping path settings. Make sure your path is selected, and then click OK.
How do you remove the outside of a clipping mask in Photoshop?
You can draw a path on top of all objects/layers (a rectangle, a circle or any other path). That path defines the crop area. You can then select all, take the Shape Builder tool and Alt drag or Alt-Shift drag across the unwanted paths to remove the parts outside the crop area.
How do I mask an image in Pages?
Mask (crop) a photo
- Double-click the image. The mask controls appear. The default mask is the same size as your image.
- Use the controls to change which parts of the image are visible.
- Click Done.
How do you mask a path in Photoshop?
Select a path, or use one of the shape or Pen tools to draw a work path. Note: To create a path with a Shape tool, click the Paths icon in the Shape tool options bar. Click the Vector Mask button in the Masks panel, or choose Layer > Vector Mask > Current Path.