Use the selection tool and click on the pink cactus shape in the illustration to select it. At the top of the Swatches panel, click on the pink fill square so that it is in front. The last swatch in the panel is a pattern named “pink cactus.” Click on that swatch to fill the selected shape with the pattern.
Can you fill an object in Illustrator?
Select the object using the Selection tool ( ) or the Direct Selection tool ( ). Click the Fill box in the Tools panel, the Properties panel, or the Color panel to indicate that you want to apply a fill rather than a stroke.
How do you wrap a pattern around an object in Illustrator?
Start by creating a circle, an object you want to wrap, and a “copy and pasted” version of the object. Highlight both objects and select “Object” => “Blend” => “Make”. You should now see a continuous pattern between your two objects.
How do I fill a shape with a pattern in Photoshop?
What To Know
- Open the image. Go to Edit > Select All to get everything, or use the Rectangle Marquee. Go to Edit > Define Pattern > name it > Ok.
- Open another image. Pick a layer or area to fill, and go to Edit > Fill > Custom Pattern. Pick a pattern and blending mode, and press Ok.
Why can I not fill a shape in Illustrator?
The problem is that the shape in your AI file is not actually a closed shape, but separate paths, so you can’t just change the fill attribute. You can avoid this by using the Rounded Rectangle tool to make a closed path instead. Here’s a half circle and two separate lines drawn at the ends of the circle.
How do you fill a shape in Illustrator with IPAD?
To add a fill or a stroke color,
- Select the object and tap the Fill or Stroke tool displayed at the bottom of the toolbar.
- Choose a solid color from the Color wheel, Color spectrum sliders, Swatches, Color books, and Libraries, or choose a gradient (Linear, Radial, Freeform).
How do I make a radial pattern in Illustrator?
Create radial patterns
Creating radial patterns in Illustrator is quick and easy. Begin by simply creating a shape/graphic of any shape or size, in this case a simple round dot. With this selected hit ‘R’ for rotate and whilst holding alt+click on a point that will act as the centre of your radial pattern.
How do you fill a vector in Illustrator?
Illustrator also allows you to remove the fill from the object.
- Click the “Selection Tool” or “Direct Selection Tool” icons, which are the black or white arrows in the Tools panel, and then click the object you want to fill. …
- Click the “Fill” icon in the Tools panel or press “X” to activate the Fill tool.