CD booklets and covers tend to be around 4.75 inches by 4.75 inches. As such, you will want to create a new document in Photoshop with those dimensions. For the sake of this tutorial, we will want to keep the resolution to 72dpi. For print, you would obviously want to use a higher resolution (300dpi).
What is the standard CD cover size?
The standard CD cover size is 4.75 by 4.75 inches, or 12 cm by 12 cm. This dimension is for the front or back cover of a standard jewel CD case. To use these dimensions for your document dimensions in Word, go to the Size menu on the Page Layout tab.
How do you make a CD cover on Photoshop?
How to create CD label using Photoshop
- Step 1: Look for the background picture. …
- Step 2: Open the picture in Photoshop.
- Step 3: Resize the picture. …
- Step 4: Download and open the artwork template. …
- Step 5: Copy and paste the template over the background picture.
- Step 6: Adjust the Opacity of template layer.
What are the dimensions of an album cover Photoshop?
Dimensions / Pixel Size: At least 1600 x 1600 pixels, but 3000 x 3000 pixels is recommended. Size in Inches: 3000 x 3000 pixels at 300 dpi (which is 10 x 10 inches) is recommended.
How big is a CD jewel case?
It is a three-piece plastic case, measuring 142 by 125 by 10 millimetres (5.59 in × 4.92 in × 0.39 in), a volume of 177.5 cubic centimetres (10.83 cu in), which usually contains a compact disc along with the liner notes and a back card.
How do you make CD covers?
How to design CD covers in 4 simple steps
- Select your CD cover template from over 17.000 ready-made templates.
- Select one of more than 1.200. 000 images or upload your own image.
- Change the color and text of your own personal message using over 100 fresh fonts.
- Share or download your own brand new CD cover.
What is the aspect ratio of an album cover?
All About Format
In order for the stores to accept your artwork, its format needs to meet several technical criteria: JPG or GIF. Perfect square. Aspect ratio at least 1600 x 1600 pixels in size.
How do you make a cover on Photoshop?
How to create your cover design in Adobe Photoshop (Version CS and up)
- In Photoshop, choose “File>Open” – then navigate to the PDF you downloaded.
- Make sure that when this window pops up, you have the following options selected properly-
- CROP TO- Select “Media Box”
- RESOLUTION- 300 Pixels/Inch.
- MODE: CMYK Color.
- Press OK.
How do you resize an image in Photoshop?
To resize an image in Photoshop:
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Go to “Image,” located at the top of the window.
- Select “Image Size.”
- A new window will open.
- To maintain the proportions of your image, click the box next to “Constrain Proportions”.
- Under “Document Size”: …
- Save your file.
What type of plastic is a CD jewel case?
CD cases are polystyrene (#6 plastic), while the discs themselves are polycarbonate (#7 plastic). The casing of tapes is polypropylene (#5 plastic), and the tape itself is polyethylene terephthalate (#1 plastic).