How do you make an illustration in Word?
Add a drawing to a document
- Click in your document where you want to create the drawing.
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Shapes.
- When you find the shape you want to insert, double-click to insert it automatically, or click and drag to draw it in your document.
What is Illustrations in MS Word?
The Microsoft Illustrations group allows you to insert pictures, shapes, smart art, and charts into your document. These options will enhance the layout and appearance of your documents. Drawing Tools and Picture Tools tabs only appear when a graphic image is selected.
What are other way of inserting images or Illustrations in MS Word document?
Adding an Image from Your Computer
Go to Insert > Illustrations. Click Pictures to open a new window. Find and select the image you want to use on your computer. Click Insert.
How do I create a chart in Word?
To create a simple chart from scratch in Word, click Insert > Chart and pick the chart you want.
- Click Insert > Chart.
- Click the chart type and then double-click the chart you want. …
- In the spreadsheet that appears, replace the default data with your own information. …
- When you’ve finished, close the spreadsheet.
Where is the Drawing toolbar in Word 2016?
Click View > Toolbars > Drawing. The Drawing toolbar is displayed or hidden. The Drawing toolbar contains a collection of icon buttons that allows the user to draw shapes and images in the document.
What are the three types of Illustrations in Microsoft Word document?
- Task Panes.
- Pictures …
- Organisation Charts.
- Drawing Canvas …
What does the Illustrations section have in the Insert tab?
Illustrations-This group tab has options for adding images, clip art, charts, and more. Apps-Opens up a variety of apps that can be used along with Word. Media-Allows the user to insert video clips from a variety of sources.
Where on the Insert tab would you add?
The Insert tab contains various items that you may want to insert into a document. These items include such things as tables, word art, hyperlinks, symbols, charts, signature line, date & time, shapes, header, footer, text boxes, links, boxes, equations and so on.
How do I insert a Picture in Word without moving text?
To insert an image into Word without moving any text is to set the image’s default wrapping to no wrapping before entering it into the document.
- Click the location in your document where you want to insert a picture.
- On the Insert tab, click Pictures.
- Select the option you want to use for inserting pictures.
How can you insert an image in a document?
Click where you want to insert the picture in your document. On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Picture. Locate the picture that you want to insert. For example, you might have a picture file located in Documents.
Where can I find clip art in Word?
On the Insert tab of the toolbar ribbon, in the Images section, select Clip Art. and then you’ll see the Insert menu and the Clip Art icon.) The Clip Art task panel appears on the right side of the application window. In the Search for box, type keywords that describe the art you’re looking for.
What is charts in MS Word?
A chart is a tool you can use to communicate data graphically. Including a chart in your document can allow your reader to see the meaning behind the numbers, and it can make showing comparisons and trends easier.
How do I insert a graph in word 365?
Creating a graph in Microsoft 365 for Windows follows the same steps as Word 2013 – 2019:
- Open a Word document.
- Click on the “Insert’ tab and choose the “Chart” button.
- In the “Chart” drop-down menu, hover or click on your preferred graph type.
- Choose from one of the different graph styles in that category.