macOS: Choose Photoshop > Preferences and then choose the desired preference set from the submenu. To switch to a different preference set, do one of the following: Choose the preference set from the menu at the left of the dialog box.
Where is edit preferences in Photoshop?
How To Access The Photoshop Preferences. Go to Edit (Win) / Photoshop (Mac) > Preferences > General.
How do I reset Photoshop to default settings?
If you’ve come back to Photoshop and you’ve found that the panels that you’re used to are no longer open, just go to Window > Workspace > Reset Essentials. (If you’re using one of the other workspaces offered by Photoshop, that’s the one you should see listed under the Reset option.)
How do I access settings in Photoshop?
To open the Preferences dialog box, choose Edit → Preferences → General (or Photoshop Elements Editor → Preferences → General on the Mac). Alternatively, press Ctrl+K (⌘+K on the Mac). Using either method opens the Preferences dialog box to the General pane.
How do I change mouse settings in Photoshop?
Work with Cursors Options
- Click the Edit (Win) or Photoshop (Mac) menu, point to Preferences, and then click Cursors.
- Select the Painting Cursors options you want to use: Standard. …
- Select the Other Cursors options you want to use: Standard. …
- Click OK. Click to view larger image.
Where is the options bar in Photoshop CC?
The options bar appears below the menu bar at the top of the workspace. The options bar is context sensitive—it changes as you select different tools.
One of the basic elements of Adobe Photoshop is the menu bar, located at the very top of the program. The menu bar is used to open and save files, adjust the canvas size, access some of the editing tools, open and close various windows, and more.
Where is the control panel in Photoshop?
The Toolbar panel (left of screen), Control Panel (top of screen, below menu bar) and window panels such as Layers and Actions take up a considerable amount of Photoshop’s interface. While you work, toggle these windows on/off by pressing TAB on your keyboard for a clear view of your image.
Where is the Photoshop Preferences file?
The Preferences file is where Photoshop stores all of your settings. The selections you make in Photoshop’s eight sets of preferences. You’ll find the Prefs under the Edit menu, except when using Mac OS X in which case it’s under Photoshop> Preferences.
How do I change my scratch disk in Photoshop?
How to set your scratch disk preferences
- Choose Edit > Preferences > Scratch Disks (Win) or Photoshop > Preferences > Scratch Disks (Mac).
- In the Preferences dialog, select or deselect the active check box to enable or disable a scratch disk. To change the scratch disk order, click the arrow buttons.
- Click OK.
How do I use the quick selection tool in Photoshop?
Make a selection with the Quick Selection tool
Select the Quick Selection tool in the Tools panel. Add a checkmark to the Auto-Enhance option in the Options bar. Click and drag over an area you want to select. The tool automatically selects similar tones and stops when it finds image edges.
How do you mask on Photoshop?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.