Try (ctrl + shift + H) it turns everything outside the artboard white. It worked with me in illustrator cs6 and cc. Highly active question.
How do I get rid of the white artboard in Illustrator?
To remove the default white artboard, enable the transparency grid. You can find this setting under the View tab at the top. Select Show Transparency Grid. You will know it’s working when the background appears as a white and gray grid.
How do I make my background not white in Illustrator?
The Better Way
You can also use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + D to toggle the Transparency Grid on and off. There you have it. A “Not White” background on your Artboards in Illustrator without having extra objects or stuff cluttering up your files.
How do I change the white artboard color in Illustrator?
To change the artboard color in Illustrator, open the Document Setup menu by pressing Alt + Control + P, then tick the box labeled, “Simulate Color Paper” and change the color of the checkerboard grid to whatever color you’d like your artboard to be.
How do I get rid of artboard?
Press the “Backspace” key, click on the trash can-shaped “Delete” button in the Control panel or click on the equivalent “Delete” button at the bottom of the Artboards panel. Adobe Illustrator deletes the artboard but not the artwork on it.
How do I resize my artboard?
With nothing selected, click the Edit Artboards button in the Properties panel on the right. Click to select an artboard, and choose an artboard preset from the Properties panel to resize the artboard. To duplicate an artboard, Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (macOS) the artboard.
How do I export my artboard with a white background?
Transparent Background in Adobe Illustrator
- Go to the Document Setup under the “File” menu. …
- Make sure that “Transparency” is selected as the background and not “Artboard.” Artboard will give you a white background.
- Select the transparency preferences you prefer. …
- Choose Export under the “File” menu.
How do I remove the white background from an image?
Remove the background of a picture
- Select the picture that you want to remove the background from.
- Select Picture Format > Remove Background, or Format > Remove Background. …
- The default background area will be colored magenta to mark it for removal, while the foreground will retain its natural coloring.
How do I remove the background in Illustrator 2021?
Click the Direct Selection tool (arrow) or Object and then click Expand in the dropdown menu. This will bring up the anchor points in your Vector and convert it into a shape. Click on and select the background parts you want to get rid of. Press Delete.
How do I change colors in Illustrator?
Adjust color balance of one or more colors
- Select the objects whose colors you want to adjust.
- Choose Edit > Edit Colors > Adjust Color Balance.
- Set the Fill and Stroke options.
- Adjust the color values, and then click OK:
How do I change the order of Artboards in Illustrator?
1 Correct answer. Open the Artboards panel (from the Window menu) and drag the artboards there to change order. When the Artboard tool is the current tool, selecting an artboard in the Artboards panel will highlight the corresponding artboard in the workspace.
How do you change the color of an artboard in Photoshop?
Go to the Properties panel (Window > Properties) for the artboard. Under artboard background color, select the background and change it to transparent.